Skip to main content

TEACH AND ENTERTAIN WITH FLIPPED GRAMMAR VIDEOS!

Hi guys! 

 It's me again. Hope you all well. Today I want to talk about "Flipped Grammar Videos". Through flipped classroom technique, unlike traditional classes, teacher lectures with a video. This helps students to enjoy while learning the topic. They can watch it at interact with it. 





 These type of activites are very useful for language classess. Students can work in groups and this provides them interactive and communactive learning environment. As there is no particular instruction, learners are given freedom to use their grammatical abilities. Lastly, learners can enhance their critical thinking skills as well.




 Me and my partner Melisa, have created our "Flipped Grammar Video". We have created our video for 9th grade high school students. Our unit is "Present Continuous Tense". Our aim is to use technological and creative task to lecture. Creating our teaching video is a very fun process. We have shared the works equally. However, there have been some challenges. For instance, we couldn't add our voices into the animation. Thus, we have tried "text to speech" feature for the video. Except from that, there is no difficulty. As there is distribution of work, there is no pressure while creating it. 

 For our animated video, we used "Explee". This tool was very practical for us to create our animation. As I said, the only problem we had was adding our voices into the video. There was no other challenges apart from that. On the other hand, for our worksheets, we used "Canva". This is a tool that you can create entertaining worksheets for your students.

                      You can watch me and Melisa's "Flipped Grammar Video" below:
 


Here are our worksheets about "Present Continuous Tense": 

Appendix A:

Appendix B:

Click here to visit my partner's blogpost!

Hope you like our video and my blogpost. Now, you can create your own "Flipped Grammar Video". Take care, see you guys soon!



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect Way for Creativity, Podcast!

  Hi everyone! Today we will talk about  ‘’Podcasting’’. Podcasting can be used in various areas.But we will focus on ‘’education-based podcasting’’. We can use podcasts in our class.It can enhance students’ creativity,speaking skills and pronounciations. As an university student I made my own podcast. To be honest, It was really hard for me to do so. Because talking on my own in a really silent atmosphere made me feel weird. But when I began to talk about the topic, It began to go easy.  I think using podcast in the class is quite beneficial. Students can share their ideas about everything in a creative way. They can get used to using technology as well. If I will be a teacher in the future, I am going to use podcast surely. Because, technology involves education more day by day. As a teacher candidate, we all need to be aware of technological developments. Furthermore, ‘’Podcast’’ is an important part of education.On the other hand,I wonder what you think about podcasting

TELL ME YOUR STORY!

Hi everyone! It’s me again. This week we are going to talk about a new term. It is called ‘’Digital Story Telling’’. Digital Story Telling is a creative way that gets students involved in language learning. By means of this tool, students can enhance their creativity and also they can use the language actively.On the other hand, thanks to this activity, students can work collaboratively. There are several methods to do ‘’Digital Story Telling’’. One is ‘’PSA’’. PSAs are short, “non-commercial” announcements prepared to provide information to the public . Me and my friend Zeynep used PSA to tell our story. But there are many choices you can choose to tell your story. For example, you can create your own fictional story! It may be really fun to do that. Let’s talk about our story! We wanted to focus on really big issue that occurs in Turkey. We created a PSA. It is about animal violence in Turkey. As lots of people don’t care much about animals in

This is not a Goodbye...

Hi everyone! Today I’m  gonna talk about the whole semester as a whole. Firstly,  this course really helped me to integrate in technology. We are in the 21st century and I think students from all around the world should use technology for the purpose of their educations. On the other hand, writing a blog used to be unusual thing for me. But thanks to this course, I started blogging and this was really beneficial and fun experience. With the activities and educational tools we have learnt in the class, we can be technological teachers in the future! I really liked to do different types of experiences during the term. We did podcasts, video clips etc..To be honest, maybe the only thing that I want to change about this class may be the timing. This course requires really a lot of time. Let’s talk about the thing I have loved most! In my opinion , writing a blog and having a blog on my own is really different and exciting thing for me. Every ‘’Educational Technologies’’ stu